Just before the cold winter, in the Campidano plain we harvest the saffron flowers which enclose the precious saffron stigma, the red gold of Sardinia. That is the reason why we wil go discover Saffron, but also the street art and the singing rocks of the area.
The morning we visit saffron’s fields of San Gavino Monreale and during the months of October and November we will harvest the blooming flowers. After a light snack in the historical centre at Casa Maxima, we will walk around the village to discover the street art. During the evening, in San Sperate, we will visit the museum of Pinuccio Sciola with the singing rocks and we will end the visits with a walk around the town to admire the street art.
- Introduction to the saffron’s world;
- Visit and harvesting in the saffron’s fields (only between October and November);
- Visit of the house museum Casa Maxima and demonstration of saffron transformation;
- Saffron tasting;
- Walking tour of the San Gavino Monreale street art;
- Visit of the Pinuccio Sciola museum;
- Walking tour of San Sperate street art.
What are you waiting for? come with us in the day of the saffron, street art and singing rocks.
- Young (From 10 to 16 years)
- Kids (under 10 years)
What is included?
- Visit and introduction to the saffron harvest
- Professional tour guide
- Experiential laboratory of the saffron transformation
- Saffron tasting
- Walking visit of the street art in San Gavino e San Sperate
- Entrance fee of the Sciola's garden museum
What is not included?
- All meals not mentioned in the program
- Optional tipping to tour guides
- Souvenirs or other objects
- Note on the trip:
- Make sure to be dress in a comfortable way in order to visit the saffron fields
- Although we will do our very best to adhere to the itinerary schedule as listed, it is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including weather
- the experience is guaranteed up to 4 adults
- if you have some specific diet or allergy, let us know as soon as you book the trip
- Trip Highlights:
- Seeing the saffron fields
- hearing the singing rocks
To protect and guarantee our guiding work and confirm the excursions calendar with a minimum of participants, all the experiences (full day or half day) are subject to a cancellation policy.
- FULL REFUND (clean of the on-line website costs) with a communication of cancellation 7 days before the excursion;
- 50% Refund with a communication of cancellation 5 days before the excursion;
- No refund with a communication of cancellation 4 days before the excursion.
If the experience will be cancelled by us because of weather reasons or not reaching the minimum of the participants there will be a full refund.